Q: I’m not sure if I should buy The Imperial City DLC. What is there to do in Imperial City, and is it worth it?
Imperial City offers many activities you can participate in, including PvP and PvE. Though it’s mainly designed as a player versus player zone (it is located in Cyrodiil for a reason), there are also PvE dungeons you can participate in.
Below is a breakdown of what you can do in Imperial City!
- Run through the White-Gold Tower or Imperial City Prison dungeons with three friends. (You can also queue for these dungeons outside of the Imperial City, but you must have the DLC game pack.)
- Battle enemy-alliance players and Molag Bal’s forces, including the Xivkyn, in the Imperial Sewers and six Imperial Districts.
- Earn Daedric trophies from your monster kills to open Treasure Vaults—found around the Imperial City—for Veteran Rank 16 jewelry sets and other rare finds.
- Play through the Imperial City storyline, started by the Drake of Blades.
- Collect Tel Var Stones by defeating Molag Bal’s minions and enemy alliance players—and try to keep yours from being taken!
- Enter the Imperial Sewers and hunt Trove Scamps for gold and crafting supplies, and Cunning Scamps for Tel Var Stones.
- Search for Xivkyn motif Chapters to craft the new Xivkyn style armor and weapons.
- Get powerful new Veteran Rank 16 weapons and armor by completing the White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison dungeons (and the Undaunted Pledges for them), and Veteran Rank 16 armor sets by trading in your Tel Var Stones.
- Craft three new weapon and armor sets via the set-specific crafting stations found in Imperial City.
- Earn new collectibles by completing achievements, slaying Molag Bal’s elite forces in the Imperial Sewers, and by trading in Tel Var Stones.